Vice President, Educational Strategy
Location: Remote, US
Position Type: Full-time
Salary range: $145,000 - $165,000
The Vice President of Educational Strategy is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing strategic and funding opportunities at the state, region, and district levels. This role is responsible for developing sales opportunities in a fast paced, growing educational technology SaaS enterprise. This role is a member of the Sales Leadership team, reporting to the Chief Sales Officer.
An ideal candidate has a background in high-level K-12 educational leadership roles that equip an individual with the skills and insights needed to excel in this position. This role is critical in furthering our position as a trusted, proven literacy provider through strategic leadership and innovative solutions.
- Leverage extensive experience and network to develop visibility for 95 Percent Group in identified states, regions, and school districts.
- Maintain a strong presence in the market and nurture relationships with prospects, clients, and key influencers. This may involve up to 70% travel, including attending onsite meetings, conferences, and related events.
- Establish well-defined strategic methods and metrics for market expansion that are in direct alignment with our company and sales objectives.
- Take proactive measures to ensure consistent high-performance levels that are directly tied to achieving our sales goals.
- Engage formally and informally with external groups, K-12 leaders, and policymakers to secure engagements that further the 95 Percent Group position and market leaders.
- Stay abreast of current literacy policies, regulations, and initiatives at the local, state, and national level. Leverage this knowledge to inform sales strategy and 95 Percent Group cross-departmental initiatives.
- Track federal and state literacy and language policies and legislative developments, and direct 95 Percent Group’s strategic response to those developments as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Education, Educational Policy, Educational Leadership, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in K-12 educational leadership.
- Passion for literacy education and commitment to improving educational outcomes.
- Experience overseeing and implementing large-scale literacy implementations.
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of K-12 education issues and understanding of federal education programs and policy, particularly the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex K-12 education concepts in a clear and accessible written and verbal manner.
- Impeccable professionalism with a commitment to deliver on the promise of literacy for all.
- Extensive familiarity with legislative processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly skilled in time management and organization.
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The use of standard office equipment/computers and/or level of physical work required
- The work environment is an (office) with a (low/average) noise level
- Extensive travel, up to 70%.
95 Percent Group is a leader in literacy instruction for pre-K through grade 8 across the U.S. The company offers professional development training for teachers and administrators as well as print and online products to assist teachers with literacy instruction. 95 Percent Group’s comprehensive educational consulting, professional development, diagnostic assessments, and instructional materials help schools deliver instruction that consistently and significantly increase reading achievement.
The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Lincolnshire, IL (northwest suburban Chicago). Its customers are primarily school districts across the U.S., and they are served by consultants who travel for on-site training as well as through online training.
95 Percent Group has a fully engaged and highly committed leadership team who cares deeply about our mission. We’ve hired the best from inside and outside the industry. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a company positioned for continued significant growth. An added plus is knowing that what you’re doing every day is making a significant difference in children’s lives. Come work with a group of smart, fun, passionate professionals who value creativity, innovation, and making an impact.
95 Percent Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.