Regional Account Executive
Location: Davenport, IA, US
Position Type: Full-time
The primary responsibility of this position is to generate sales of all company products and services in order to meet or exceed defined sales quotas and objectives. Regional Account Executive will support current clients in fully implementing 95 Percent Group’s services and products and identify and assist prospective K-8 district or school clients in exploring how 95 Percent Group products and services will help improve its reading goals. Working with school administrators and educators, Regional Account Executive will be responsible for conducting a discovery process followed by proposing a tailored solution in implementing our professional development, diagnostic assessments, and instructional materials.
Regional Account Executive will grow the Company’s sales pipeline leading to growth of the Company’s revenue. Tasks include generating and following-up on leads generated by the website, company events, and the marketing department’s campaigns. Support of current and future clients includes activities such as attending conferences and the company’s events and participating in sales meetings.
This Regional Account Executive role will cover the Iowa and Kansas territories. Candidates must live within the assigned territory and within a hour of a major airport. Geographic preferences:
- Des Moines
- Cedar Rapids
- Sioux City
- Kansas City
Compensation: This role has a salary make up of base compensation and commission. Total Target compensation is approximately $150,000-$180,000.
- Meet with current clients to determine how their implementation is going and identify further products or professional development needed to achieve their goals
- Call on all existing clients at least twice annually and assist in many ways, including demonstrating how to assemble the products, walking them through the materials for the diagnostic assessments, and answering questions of teachers or reading coaches
- Coordinate closely with the account’s Consulting Client Manager who oversees the professional development workshop and coaching days
- Develop relationships with prospects to identify needs using school’s assessment data to identify primary student deficit areas (phonological awareness, phonics, comprehension, and vocabulary)
- Facilitate discovery process to understand district or school’s needs
- Achieve defined sales goal
- Sell the reading products and professional development services that are offered by the company via phone and email, webinar, and site visits – Write quotes and proposals
- Use customer relationship management (CRM) software tool Salesforce to log customer related activity:
- Recording notes from site visits and other events
- Pipeline management /forecasting
- Following up on leads
- Calls/email communication with customers
- Develop a territory plan including overview of state literacy initiatives, evaluation of historical sales, analysis of website visitors, and identification of target districts for expansion or new business
- Assist in regional conferences or literacy showcases by staffing the company’s booth or table, and sometimes making overview presentations
- Submit travel expenses in a timely manner using company expense reporting online submission system
- Other duties as assigned
As a result:
- Sales goals are consistently met and exceeded
- Current clients receive regular visits that enhances their ability to meet goals/objectives
- Prompt and professional responses are made to all customer inquiries that results in quotes and proposals on a timely basis
- Potential opportunities for increased business are consistently evaluated and acted upon
- Long-term relationships are developed and maintained with clients in order to meet both their goals and the company’s objectives
- Effective collaboration occurs across company functions to better meet client needs and expectations
- Insight on effective client service is available to enhance team efforts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of teaching experience in elementary grades, especially K-3
- Experience as a reading/literacy or MTSS/RTI coach is a plus
- Deep understanding of the Science of Reading, such as LETRS trainer, or completed participation in many of the modules of Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading and Spelling
- Extensive network of contacts throughout state including elementary principals, reading/literacy coaches, district literacy curriculum staff, ELL, special education, and Title I district staff
- Experience and comfort with technology (MS Office, CRM, iPad, webinar technology)
- Energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven track record of success
- Passion for literacy and improving reading achievement for students
- A communication and management style that exhibits the mission and values of 95 Percent Group and fosters effective team relationships
- Excellent business and technology skills
- Exceptional presentation skills; great communicator across all media
- Positive attitude aligned with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly organized, with excellent planning and prioritization skill
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Ability to travel up to 40% overnight primarily within the state; expect to travel several times monthly to distant regions within the state involving overnight stays 1-2 nights. Additional travel to conferences and meetings typically occurs 8-10 times a year.
- The use of standard office equipment/computers and some light physical work is required
- The work environment will range from an office to conference setting with a low to high noise level
95 Percent Group is a leader in literacy instruction for pre-K through grade 8 across the U.S. The company offers professional development training for teachers and administrators as well as print and online products to assist teachers with literacy instruction. 95 Percent Group’s comprehensive educational consulting, professional development, diagnostic assessments, and instructional materials help schools deliver instruction that consistently and significantly increase reading achievement.
The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Lincolnshire, IL (northwest suburban Chicago). Its customers are primarily school districts across the U.S., and they are served by consultants who travel for on-site training as well as through online training.
95 Percent Group has a fully engaged and highly committed leadership team who cares deeply about our mission. We’ve hired the best from inside and outside the industry. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a company positioned for continued significant growth. An added plus is knowing that what you’re doing every day is making a significant difference in children’s lives. Come work with a group of smart, fun, passionate professionals who value creativity, innovation, and making an impact.
95 Percent Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.