Independent Contractor/Consultant - 1099
Position Type: Contractor - 1099
The role of the Independent Contractor/Consultant is to provide professional development and coaching to teachers and reading coaches in schools and districts that are clients of 95 Percent Group. The Independent Contractor/Consultant will have the opportunity to accept professional learning engagements that allow them to help 95 Percent Group support schools or districts as they implement new practices to provide reading intervention.
An Independent Contractor/Consultant for 95 Percent Group LLC, must meet the following requirements:
• Complete 95 Percent Group onboarding process and certification in each product offering and coaching model
• Be an established 1099 Contractor, operating as a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC).
• Maintain applicable Commercial/Professional Liability insurance.
• Willingness and ability to travel as required for client engagements.
• Possess a personal laptop and reliable internet access.
• Criminal Background Investigation
• Education Verification
• Facilitate professional learning for educators, coaches and leaders on how to administer and score literacy assessments, use data to place students effectively in small groups, and write an instructional focus for each small group.
• Facilitate professional learning sessions for educators, coaches and leaders on how to select appropriate instructional materials, provide differentiated intervention instruction, and progress monitor students.
• Exhibit professionalism in every interaction with internal and external collaborators.
• Build and maintain close professional relationships with reading coaches, teachers, and administrators at client schools during ongoing coaching professional learning.
• Provide targeted technical assistance to coaches and teachers in the area of reading instruction including the five essential components of reading, use of assessment instruments, distinction between core (Tier1) and small-group intervention instruction (Tier 2 and 3), and instructional intervention techniques.
• Advise and coach clients in the use of our published programs and providing ongoing support in their implementation of best practices.
• Report client progress and engagement information to department manager and other consultants.
• Provide leadership with other projects and tasks as assigned.
• Clients are equipped to effectively assess and select the resources that best meet the needs of their students.
• Long-term relationships are developed and maintained with clients that meet both their goals
and the company’s objectives.
• Ongoing support is provided that enables customers to maximize their utilization of company products.
• Consulting team efforts are enhanced through shared insights on how to effectively engage clients.
• A resource exists in the development of products for customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Master's degree in K–6 education and/or advanced degrees in education, reading, or special education.
• 5 years of experience teaching reading at the primary level.
• Experience working with children having difficulty learning to read and evidence of success in improving student reading achievement.
• Extensive knowledge of scientifically based reading research and training in widely used core reading programs.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with Acadience Reading (formerly DIBELS) and other assessments and screeners.
• Extensive professional development and coaching experience.
• Experience providing workshops to teachers, as well as have experience in a reading coach’s
• Knowledge about Reading First, training in LETRS, and any multisensory structured language approach, such as Orton-Gillingham.
• Strong interpersonal skills that build relationships of trust and confidence.
• A communication and management style that exhibits the mission and values of 95 Percent Group and fosters effective team relationships.
• The ability to build and foster remote team relationships.
• Passion for literacy and improving reading achievement for students.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• The use of standard office equipment/computers and some light physical work is required.
• The work environment will range from an office to classroom setting with a low to high noise level.
• Candidate must be able and willing to travel extensively. Some weekend travel may be necessary. Relocation is not necessary.
95 Percent Group is a leader in literacy instruction for pre-K through grade 8 across the U.S. The company offers professional development training for teachers and administrators as well as print and online products to assist teachers with literacy instruction. 95 Percent Group’s comprehensive educational consulting, professional development, diagnostic assessments, and instructional materials help schools deliver instruction that consistently and significantly increase reading achievement.
The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Lincolnshire, IL (northwest suburban Chicago). Its customers are primarily school districts across the U.S., and they are served by consultants who travel for on-site training as well as through online training.
95 Percent Group has a fully engaged and highly committed leadership team who cares deeply about our mission. We’ve hired the best from inside and outside the industry. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a company positioned for continued significant growth. An added plus is knowing that what you’re doing every day is making a significant difference in children’s lives. Come work with a group of smart, fun, passionate professionals who value creativity, innovation, and making an impact.
95 Percent Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.