Multisyllable Routine Cards
Decoding multisyllabic words is an essential skill that has a direct impact on reading accuracy, fluency, and the comprehension of text. The task of decoding or pronouncing longer words is often a challenge for many students in grades 3 and above. The Multisyllable Phonics Routines (MSRC) are designed to help students solve the mystery of multisyllabic words by recognizing patterns, identifying correct vowel sounds, and applying syllable division rules. The routines are ideal for whole-class instruction, designed to take just 5 minutes a day, or to use as part of a small-group intervention lesson.
- Offers teacher- and student-friendly routines on six syllable types
- Use with students in grades 3 and up
- Teach students how to find patterns, divide syllables, and read multisyllable words
- Can be used two ways:
- Supplement your core instruction with your whole class in 5 minutes a day
- Use with students who need more instruction in multisyllable words during 30-minute intervention groups
The instructional routines are presented in a spiral-bound, laminated Teacher’s Guide. Each Teacher’s Guide comes with access to the MSRC website where the ancillary materials and demonstration video are found. The following ancillary materials can be downloaded and printed on demand from the MSRC website, eliminating the need to purchase additional materials:
- Header Cards
- Syllable Cards
- Word Cards
- Pseudoword Cards
- Word Lists
- Handouts and Answer Keys
Visit our webstore and explore our Multisyllable Routine Cards.